Into the Odd contains everything you need to create a character and explore an industrial world of cosmic meddlers and horrific hazards. This is a fast, simple game, to challenge your wits rather than your understanding of complex rules.
You seek Arcana, strange devices hosting unnatural powers beyond technology. They range from the smallest ring to vast machines, with powers from petty to godlike. Beside these unnatural items that they may acquire, your characters remain grounded as mortals in constant danger.
The game is 48 pages, containing:
- Original artwork from Jeremy Duncan, Levi Kornelsen, and others.
- The fastest character creation out there, getting you playing as soon as possible
- Player rules that fit on a single page, keeping a focus on exploration, problem solving, and fast, deadly combat.
- The complete guide to running the game as Referee. From making the most of the rules to creating your own monsters and Arcana.
- Sample monsters, arcanum, traps, and hazards.
- Character advancement from Novice to Master
- Rules for running your own Company, and taking it to war with an original mass combat system.
- Complete guide to the Odd World, from the cosmopolitan city of Bastion and its hidden Underground, through to backwards Deep Country, the unexplored Golden Lands.
- The Iron Coral, sample dungeon to test the players’ survival skills
- The Fallen Marsh, a deadly wilderness to explore
- Hopesend Port, a settlement to regroup and sail on to further adventure
- Thirteen bonus pages of tools and random tables from the Oddpendium